
SALISBURY — Detective Adam Dyles of the Salisbury Police Department received an Excellence in Homicide Investigations award from the International Homicide Investigations Association for work on a 2025 homicide case.
Dyles and his team worked on the case throughout 2025. While many details of the case are still not public, Dyles shared that much of the casework involved comparing cellphone records and surveillance cameras. By working through the details and collaborating with other agencies, Dyles and his team determined that the homicide was likely a longer premeditated operation.
“We were able to work with other agencies to put together a lot of great things,” Dyles said. “It was a lot of work and a lot of long hours.”
Dyles did not know he had won the award until they were on the way to the annual conference in New Orleans, Louisiana. Even on short notice, his wife and mother came to support him when he got the award. Dyles’ family has a history in law enforcement, with his father working as a detective at SPD for over 30 years.
He was very thankful for his team and the department for putting them in for the award.
“I was really humbled that we got put in for that. I don’t really think that kind of work is a big deal, but I’m glad other people do,” Dyles said. “I’m just excited that us as a team got this recognition.”